We (OMG Agency) were approached by a Minnesota technology company looking for a partner in developing an idea. Their concept was based around the notion that a) technology has remarkable benefits to the health and business sectors and b) there’s no Minnesota conference specifically focused on technology conversation/education for business and health professionals. We accepted the challenge and thus, smartenUP 2012 was born.
From the client’s concept I executed primary and secondary research. This research resulted in several insights:
- 1. Technology is an intimidating topic for many members of our audience
- 2. Nearly everyone is aware (at least peripherally) of the advances+benefits of new tech
- 3. “Experts” and their “help” intimidates those hoping to learn
From those insights I developed two concepts:
- 1. There’s an elephant in the room (named technology)
- 2. Real people. Real solutions. (we’re taking the intimidation out of learning about tech)
In conjunction with 3five I then developed the logos/identity for the event. In order to really get the idea of the event across I wrote/concepted two overview videos and worked closely with Josh Becker to produce them. With our identity fully formed I crafted a social media strategy designed to aggressively raise awareness of the event.